Sunday, April 29, 2012

Last

I've been thinking a lot about my Mamaw today... this time last year we were celebrating her last birthday on this side of eternity. I was also thinking about the last time that I saw her and she was in so much pain. I was in her hospital room and Papaw was about to take her home one last time. I didn't think she knew I was there, but when I got up to leave she turned and held out her arms to me. I leaned over and she put her arms around my neck and we hugged. I looked in her eyes and told her I loved her and goodbye and we both knew it was the last goodbye. I will never forget that look of love in her eyes and the finality I felt and the overwhelming sadness.

I love you Mamaw. And Papaw, I don't know if you will read this.. but I love you so much.

" And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." ~Revelation 21:4


No comments: