Friday, March 30, 2012

Only One

Some of y'all have read this, because I posted it on a blog that is mostly for writing - but it's kind of funny, so I thought I would repost it here:


Tonight I was reading the twins a Bible story, the one about Jacob marrying Leah and Rachel. It was a very "G" rated version of this story of course. The children's version focused on God's love for Leah, and how he created everyone to be beautiful and special and to glorify Him. 


As I was tucking Isaac into his bed afterward, he suddenly said "There can't be two Mama's!" He said it in a "come on, give me a break" kinda way. He went on to say, "Daddy wouldn't marry two Mama's!" I said "Yes, that would be silly, wouldn't it? God just wants us to marry one person." Isaac agreed, sounding very perplexed, " yeah, that would be weird."

Then he held up one of his little fingers and said confidently, "There is only One True God, and there is only one Mama." 

I like his reasoning.

No comments: