Monday, July 11, 2011

A Simple Women's Daybook

I really enjoy reading other blog friend's "The Simple Woman's Daybook" posts, so I decided to join in. It might be a good way to keep up with things! You can join in here.

Outside my window...
The sun is shining. My hummingbird feeders have been pretty busy, although right now I don't see a single bird.

I am thinking...
I hope Savannah goes to sleep soon, and stops making excuses to get up. :)

I am thankful...
For two children and a wonderful husband. Also thankful that it is naptime!

In the kitchen...
Corn from our garden. I've been trimming down the cobs to make creamed corn.

I am wearing...
Jeans and a tank top.

I am creating...
A big mess. At least, a big mess on the table. Corn, other garden vegetables, buckets, knife, etc.

I am going...
To shower. Hopefully sooner than later.

I am wondering...
When my hubby will be home.

I am reading...
"The Help". Good book!

I am hoping...
That I get the kitchen cleaned quickly, so I can have some down time... I guess I better get busy! ;)

I am looking forward to...
My sister coming home from England, and (me, our family) going back to the mountains! (East Tennessee) It is never soon enough! :)

I am hearing...
The sounds of silence. Ahhhhhh. And the whirring of the ceiling fan.

Around the house...
Sweet children in their beds. (I hope)
Our grey kitten, Smokey, napping.

I am pondering...
Life and death. My lovely Grandmothers' lives (they both left this world in the past year), and the impact they have had on my life.
A little too serious, but something I have been thinking about!

One of my favorite things...
Pictures of the people I love.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Chores, laundry and such. Picking vegetables. Washing eggs. Walking. Reading the rest of  "The Help". Cooking. Playing with my chillin's. :)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing:

No comments: