Tuesday, May 15, 2012

In the Garden

Our garden isn't big, but our plants are finally sprouting and looking healthy! I took several iphone pics this morning, of the garden and just around the yard:
 Tomatoes. We need to stake these, but the ground has been too wet this week. Soon!
 Bush beans. I planted the seeds and held my breath 'til they finally made an appearance. ;)

 Isaac striking a "tough guy" pose.
Savannah likes feeling the wind in her hair. :)
Good morning from the chickees!

As you can see, our little garden has a long way to go. I'm just happy the plants are healthy and thriving! We've got two separate plots - the one Isaac was standing in front of and one for tomatoes, behind the chicken coup.  Our bigger plot has bush beans, several types of peppers, squash, and okra. We also planted corn and watermelons, but those are in a friend's field (down the road from us). They have more land and were so so kind to let us use it!! Of course they'll have all the corn and watermelons they want, if everything grows! :)

I hope everyone is having a Terrific Tuesday!*

 *please forgive my cheesiness

2 comments:

Caroline said...

What a garden! I hope you have something like that some day. For now I'm confined to pots.

Bethany said...

Vegetables are so pretty growing in pots!