Friday, July 16, 2010

A Couple of Pictures & Blueberry Picking

Picking "booberries".
Picnicking on the 4Th.

This has been a busy summer! Isaac and Savannah are growing like weeds, and getting funnier by the day. :) Last week we picked blueberries & they had so much fun! Isaac picked for about 30 minutes and then exclaimed "Mama, I'm ready to go to my home now!" I told him we couldn't go home yet, we had to pick more berries. Savannah and Isaac both asked me if we were picking berries to put up for the "long winter". We've been reading "Blueberries for Sal", and they think we are putting up berries for the winter, just like Sal and her Mother. Hopefully I will be able to pick enough to freeze/can for us this year! S & I are kind of wimps though, and they can't stay out there long. ;-) We were out picking for about an hour, and they started asking to go home and get in the pool. Then Savannah spilled about two big handfuls of blueberries out of her bucket. She had been picking very intensely, but I think that kind of took the wind out of her sails! Isaac gasped and said "Mama, those booberries are gonna die!" Anyway, we picked up what we could out of the thick grass, but we didn't stay long after that. Isaac got hot and flushed, sat down under a bush and started crying. Savannah tried to console him at first and then she started crying. Usually when one of them starts the other is soon to follow! Ha! So then I carried my big babies to the car & we went for ice cream, the "cure all" remedy. :-)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer! :)

No comments: