Friday, September 21, 2012

An Update

I'm alive! We've been working on the new house and the twins have officially started kindergarten (home-school), so we're busy around here lately.

I love this cool fall weather. It seems crazy that tomorrow is the first day of autumn, but I am so ready. I wish our house was more "ready", but it's getting there.

Isaac and Savannah have a new fascination with "The Chronicles of Narnia."  I read some of "The Magicians Nephew" to them, and they liked it, but I had to skip many parts that were too scary for five year olds. Eventually I just said "and they all lived happily ever after, the end." I hadn't remembered so many "scary" parts. They will have to wait a couple of years for the full story. However, we did watch "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" (I skipped some parts of it too), and yes, they loved it!

Yesterday I took them to an antique shop. The first thing Isaac noticed was a wardrobe. I was surprised he recognized  it since it didn't look like the one in the movie. He ran up to it and asked if it was a wardrobe and then opened one of the doors to get a look at the back of it, saying emphatically "I really need a wardrobe for my new room!"

The other day Savannah asked me "are there really mermaids?" I didn't want to disillusion the beautiful world of a five year old (a much bigger world than adults live in), so I just said that I hadn't seen any. Savannah replied that maybe mermaids didn't like to be seen.

Right now we're outside enjoying the weather and Isaac is slashing a sword and pretending to be "King Peter."  Savannah is showing me her pet worm, which sadly looks a little (or a lot) stiff. I told her it didn't look like it was alive and she frowned and said "I know, it's a little bit crispy. It was so cute this morning." Sigh. It is hard to keep a straight face sometimes, but I must.

I will leave you with some iphone pictures:
 Playing on the stairs at the "new" house.
 Putting down wood floors. Not me. I'm not that skilled.

No comments: