I've been meaning to do this post for a little while, but hadn't gotten around to it yet. So...here it is!
Caroline, from "She Walks in the Woods", sent me this fun blog award! :-) Thank you Caroline!
I love reading her blog & looking at her great pictures! Check it out!!
Ten Things that Make Me Happy:
1. My family! I love my Hubby, Savannah and Isaac so much!
2. Hanging out with my husband. alone. We haven't gone on a "date" in a while, and I'm about ready for one!! However, we did get to watch a movie while S & I were asleep last night! We watched "It's Complicated" - great movie! Hilarious!
3. Hanging out with my sisters. We have so much fun just laughing together!
4. Down time. I feel cheated if I don't have a little peaceful quiet time during the day, like during nap time. It is nice to be needed, but it is also nice to just have a little time NOT doing anything really...
5. Bible & prayer time. ( I don't mean to be a copy cat, Caroline) Since having the "babies", it is hard for me not to worry, and reading God's word helps me to have peace - and I hope it helps me to be a better mother & wife... But, I would be lying if I said that I absolutely read my Bible everyday. I am "striving" to have that quiet time with God & draw closer to Him, but I definitely fall short in many ways. Also, I have to clarify that "Bible time" & "downtime" are not in the same category , because when I finally get down time, my brain needs a rest too, and I am not absorbing much mentally. I try to do Bible time in the morning, downtime is in the afternoon.
6. Baking. I love trying new cake & icing recipes. I also love decorating cakes, I'm just not very skilled at it yet!
7. A fresh cup of good coffee in the morning!
8. A hike or a good brisk walk. And I strongly dislike treadmills.
9. Coffee shops or bakeries. (I know, those baked goods don't help my figure) S & I love going to these places too - especially when it means doughnuts!
10. A good book.
Okay, I am going to add an eleventh - it just seems necessary.
11. A creative outlet. Right now I am practicing with my camera, trying not to use my automatic settings... I also love to paint, but haven't been able to do that in a while, unless you count finger paint! ;-)
Alright, I know this is getting ridiculous, but I am adding a 12th.
12. Taking S & I to just about anywhere. I love the excitement and enthusiasm that they have!
I could add more, but this is getting really long!
Anyone who wants to do this 10 favorite things list is welcome!! Consider yourself tagged!