Monday, February 22, 2010

First (and hopefully last, but probably not), visit to the ER

We were visiting family in Baton Rouge this weekend, and Savannah fell onto an iron and tile coffee table and broke her collar bone! It happened about five minutes after we arrived, and we spent a late night in the ER. Savannah has been great all weekend though! She is very resilient, and hasn't fussed about it much at all. In fact, my main challenge is to keep her from doing too much and hurting it more! Her and her brother are too rough with each other when they play, and I have to keep them "reigned in". Easier said than done! Anyway, we still had a good time visiting family, and I will post pictures later!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

It is good to know that she has not been fussing very much. I'm praying for her and for you.

You were always a pretty tough cookie too. I remember the time I accidentally kicked two of your front teeth in when you ran in front of me while I was swinging. Dad said you did not even cry when they were wired back in at the dentist.

Caroline said...

Oh my gosh, poor little thing!
PRAYERS!

Ace said...

Aw, poor thing!

Anonymous said...

Oh No! Crazy! You know Isabella has broken her collarbone too! What is it with these sweet little girls? Does she have a sling or brace? Love and prayers--Erika

Jessica said...

Yep, sometimes I still feel like a teenage driver. You should be proud though, I went to Kroger yesterday without mishap.

Melissa said...

At least she has something to brag about now. I didn't ever do anything to cause damage to myself....Kimberly got stitches, you got your teeth knocked out, Lydia sliced a nerve...the rest of us are just boring.

Bethany said...

Yeah, Melissa, right. Like being a daredevil is boring. You were always the one climbing on counter tops at less than two yrs old. And lets not forget the TWO times that you gashed your head open. Once on a brick hearth and the other on a piano. I remember holding you while Mom drove to the Dr. Me holding a towel to your head to stop the bleeding. I don't want to get more exciting than that. No thank you!