Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Growing Babies & Chickens

This is the chicken house that Joe built Saturday. All it needs now is the tin roof.
She seemed to be sizing me up.

They are really growing fast!! Next week they should be big enough to put in a pen.

**********************************************************

Savannah and Isaac had their two year check-up yesterday. Savannah seemed worried as soon as we walked in. Last time she went to the Dr. she was sick and had to get a shot, so I was hoping she would not remember that. She fussed a little about stepping on the scales ( I do that too), but when we got to the room she started crying at the top of her lungs. Tears were rolling down her face, and she was very LOUD. She seemed terrified, and nothing I said or did could console her. I am so glad that Ms. Sonya (my mother-in-law) came with me to help out! She was holding Isaac, who was very nonchalant about the whole thing. He looked at Savannah quizzically, although during the last appointment HE was the one crying and carrying on! At least they take turns some of the time.

Afterward our Dr. gave them some cute stickers and I said "say thank-you." Savannah sniffed and said in a muffled voice " tank-too, bye bye." Isaac was very sweet and said "bye, bye" too. I never know if one or both of them will cry. I try to train them at home, but I still can't predict how they will act in certain situations. Oh well! Every day is an adventure!!

Both of them are doing great! They are healthy, and above average on height and weight. Isaac is above the growth chart curve in height: he is 37 inches long. Savannah is in the 90Th percentile for her height at 35 1/2 inches. They both weigh 33 pounds.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Aw poor Savannah (I feel sorry for her mama too).

That is so sweet that she said tank you and they both said bye bye.

I knew they were going the get a good check up report. :)

How are they doing with the chickens?

Caroline said...

For some reason the comment I posted here the other day isn't showing so I'll post again.

The chick's are so cute! They're like chicken-teenagers...so awkward looking :)

You're lucky to have such a handy hubby.

xoxo KB

Bethany said...

I don't know why your comment didn't show...? Yeah, the chickens are in a really awkward stage :)

Thanks.I feel lucky (or blessed) Joe is pretty much a "Jack of all trades" - he can do a little of everything. :):)