Friday, April 29, 2011

...

As everyone knows, we have had enormously devastating tornadoes this week. Our family is so blessed to have escaped harm, but there are so many people so close to us that have not escaped this tragedy. Prayers are needed! We live between two places that have been completely torn to pieces. Smithville, MS, is about 45 miles north of us. Tuscaloosa, AL is about 55 miles east. There are several other places that have been hit as well. My sister, Melissa goes to school at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, and was there during the storm. I am so grateful that she is okay!

Normally, I don't like to post prayer requests on my blog, but this has been a hard week for so many! I also ask for prayer for my Mamaw (My Mother's Mother), who has been fighting lung cancer since last September. We found out this week that she has cancer cells in her brain. She is receiving radiation treatments. Please pray for my Papaw and my Mom, and her two sisters. I thank God for her and for our family.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
                                                                                    ~ 2 Corinthians 1:3 & 4




http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/04/tornadoes_kill_over_200.html?p1=News_links

No comments: